Sunday, June 30, 2013

Week 12

Latest news on baby Dorwart...
Today I am 12 weeks 4 days pregnant. Sorry I didn't give a week 11 update :( I started camp last week. Chasing 3 year olds all day is very tiring. I've learned to appreciate my kindergarteners and their listening capabilities! 
I feel accomplished making it to the "safe point". This past Thursday I had 2 doctors appointments. One in the morning with prenatal testing. There, we had our nuchal translucency scan (NT scan) to screen for Down Syndrome, Trisomy 18 and Neural Tube Defects. The test is performed by having an ultrasound and getting the baby in a nice profile position. They then measure the fluid thickness at the back of the neck. It was tough at first to get the baby in a good position to measure the neck.  After some time, the ultrasound tech was able to take a measurement. She didn't say the actual measurement however, we are in the low risk range. 
Then in the evening a regular checkup with my physician. So far everything looks great. Im allowed to stop taking progesterone on Tuesday. Yah! I'm hoping that's what is causing my constant nausea and lack of appetite.  Our baby is approximately 2 1/2 inches long. Heart rate measured 162 BPM. Now that I am near the end of the first trimester, my doctor doesn't see the need to see me more often than normal. My next appointment is at week 16 for a checkup then week 20 for the anatomy scan. For the record...we are not finding out the gender until the baby arrives in January. 


No comments:

Post a Comment